Hypnosis and Self-Esteem In a 2017 research in the UK by Dove, it was found that 61% of 10-17 year old girls in the UK have low self-esteem Self-esteem is an area that can affect so many different areas of an individuals life. From Adults, Children, sports professionals to teenagers, weight issues to addictions, self-esteem can lie beneath many of the issues that I work with as a hypnotherapist.
We all have times when we lack confidence and do not feel good about ourselves. But when low self-esteem becomes a long-term problem, it can have a harmful effect on our mental health and our day-to-day lives.
Self-esteem is the opinion we have of ourselves. Self-esteem is an individual's subjective evaluation of their own worth.
Synonyms or near-synonyms of self-esteem include: self-worth, self-regard, self-respect, and self-integrity.
When we have healthy self-esteem, we tend to feel positive about ourselves and about life in general. It makes us better able to deal with life's ups and downs. When our self-esteem is low, we tend to see ourselves and our life in a more negative and critical light.
We also feel less able to take on the challenges that life throws at us. I have seen it perhaps most frequently in the teenagers of today, whether that is due to the impact of social media, or differing parenting skills and upbringings; I have seen at first hand how that sense of self-worth can change everything.
Some of the signs of low self-esteem can be
• Sensitivity to criticism
• Social withdrawal
• Excessive preoccupation with personal problems
• Physical symptoms such as fatigue, insomnia and headaches Low self-esteem is a self-fulling prophecy. Hypnosis can help! Hypnotherapy focuses on:
• Identifying negative talk
• Connections with loving people
• Learning to be assertive
• Setting a challenge
• Focusing on the positives Hypnosis is entirely collaborative and begins with a conversation to establish your goals. Only when we have decided on the correct course, will the hypnosis begin. It will identify those areas and aspects affected most and will improve coping abilities, address past potential causes, and find renewed hope and positivity. My Hypnosis for “Reclaiming Your Self-Esteem” program will enable you to re-focus and tap into your natural confidence - a confidence that you were actually born with! Whether our sessions are face-to-face in person or online, hypnosis can help you. Email me at Calmyhpnosis21@gmail.com or Call me on 07538632669
And let the changes begin!